Monday, March 15, 2021

Sometimes, I just don't know.

Sweetie and son. 


Sometimes, I just don't know. It has been over a year that I started this blog, and it confuses me. Not that I'm still writing, for I will probably continue for until that day when Jesus comes calling. And then maybe for a little while during the process of moving from caregiver to widow, to embracing life as a single man. 

It isn't anything that I can do to improve my outlook, its that the thrill is gone from posting. I feel like it is getting boring to you, my readers. I would get excited by the numbers of who would stop in and read my silly ass post, and now the numbers are decreasing. After a year, it seems that it is, as one of my pastors used to say, the "Chosen Frozen." that hang around and read. Then there are the times when my post on Facebook isn't accepted by those who allow the post to post for hours after I've posted. You see, I get energy from hits and comments, it is as if I have a purpose to what I'm doing. 

Sunday was kinda of strange day. Sweetie didn't want to get up, so I let her stay in bed. Of course that meant wet sheets, and with enough dirty clothes in the washer, to do a load, so it was good. When I tried to get her to go with me to the mall, she didn't want to go, but then later on, we went. Such is life with Sweetie. If she doesn't want to do what I want her to do, just wait five minutes, and she will change her mind. 

Some good news, last time we showered, I was able to get her on a scale, and she gain 6lbs. 

I'm worrying about her energy levels, the are slowly going down. Her not wanting to move, and when I get her up, she is having a rough time of it. Her balance seems to be off just slightly, I hold both of her hands and guide her to the bathroom when I get her out of bed. Once bathroom duties are done, she seems to be better. She just likes to stay in still, and when she is up, she gets going. 

I am trying something new. I gave her her Milk of Magnesium last night at dinner time. My hope is that while she is sleeping, it is doing what it does best. So we can get that part over with first thing in the morning, instead of waiting all day with wet farts. 

Driver knows how this trip is draining my energy. He's there everyday, watching and giving me comfort. "Just get through today, for today is all we have." is His encouragement. As we get another tank of fuel for the day on the Road to Dementia Town, Keeping our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv ya, and God Bless.   

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don’t leave comments, but look forward to reading your post daily, this is hard caring for LO, please contuine with blog,

Anonymous said...

I use to comment and then left Facebook.... found you again here. I read every morning

Anonymous said...

I am new to your blogs, but have read a few on FB. I hope you continue. I need all the help I can get!

Unknown said...

I read your blog, I just don't have anything to add sometimes. I am in the same boat as you Artemus. Keep up the good work, your posts help lots of caregivers including yourself. All the best, Tim

Anonymous said...

I read your posts daily and have shared with family and friends. You make us feel less alone and often provide very useful tips and time savers. Please find the strength to continue. With gratitude, Chris

Julie said...

I read your posts every day Artemus but am guilty of not responding. I am at what is probably the beginning of this journey with my husband and have experienced it with my Mum and my husband's Mum, although they both went into care facilities. I hope you manage to continue with this blog as it does help people in a similar situation. You need to do whatever is right for you, Maybe you need just a little breather from daily postings. x

Unknown said...

Those of us in a similar situation,like me, can really identify with your struggles and the few good days as well. Please don't stop. I need that feeling of understanding and belonging as most of our friends no longer hang out with us.

Rose said...

It's hard for me to read every day but I still read. I just never leave comments. I still find comfort and will in your blogs. Please don't stop. Thank you so much for shearing.

Anonymous said...

Please keep blogging.I will pray for you on your journey. Pease and love friend.
Deb Case

unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this information.Find out more about..Signs It’s Time For Memory Care Facility

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog.I just saw your blogs and already looking forwardvtovthe next one! My LO is my x-husband. I hope you continue as lI need all the help I can get!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful blog. Find out more about Caring for a dementia patient.

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...