Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Another easy day.

Thankful


We are. Still thankful, or at least I am. For I still have her with me. Every now and then, I think of those days that are ahead, and ponder what life will be like. 

One of the best ways for me to think about it is, my support group. For those that have been through that which I am going through, seeing the new adventure that is awaiting me, makes me long and regret at the same time. 

Times are good, and I've accepted them for what they are, life. I'm doing my best to make lemonade. It is the bitter sweet that can either improve or overwhelm the cookie dough. 

Monday

I am using a new way to wake Sweetie, doing it in stages. First a "Good Morning." and open the drapes to let is some sunshine. A second time, to talk to her, check her bed for wetness, and then the third and final time. 

Up and let's get the day going. Bathroom duties are done, she is still constipated. 

For breakfast, I'm trying prune juice and brain cereal. She is eating well. She finished her breakfast, and I'm doing my morning thing. Make the bed, start some laundry, running low on sheets, dishes, and get ready for the day myself. 

Today is golf day, so we get ready for the outside. The weather report is for cool temps and light breezes. Need to dress Sweetie accordingly. 

Today, I'm taking her coat with us. Plan on putting it on her when we get to the course, that way, she will get warm wearing it, not be warm, and then cool down when she is outside with me. It did work well, for she wasn't shivering like she has in the past. 

Met a threesome on the first tee, and asked if we could join them. They had no problem with me playing along, and so we had a good game and conversation along the way. 

After the game, of course it is home for lunch. When we get home, time to check her undies to see how she is doing. It is a good thing, for there is evidence of some action. Sitting her down, and the timing is just right. Oatmeal, brain, and prune juice came into action. Success. 

After lunch, I put her down for a nap. It is when I went to get her up, she wouldn't budge. When this happens, all I can do is let her sleep. 

When she does get up, it is time for dinner, and to head out to our Monday meeting. Meeting done, we, of course head home for dessert, TV and bed. 

Had another easy day on the Road to Dementia Town. For the sun was shining, the sky was blue, and we were Keeping Our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv Ya, and God Bless.    
 

No comments:

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...