Monday, November 29, 2021

Love is raining down...

Oldest daughter and husband.


There is something going on here that cannot be seen. I believe that it is a change in heart. You see, this was the first Thanksgiving when all the of Sweetie's children are sitting at one table in a very long time. You can't see it, and that is the wonder of it all. 

The girls have been feuding for years. I don't know if apologies were ever offered, or accepted. At one time they were the best of friends. Then poof, it was over. They were next door neighbors for many years, and didn't even say "Hi" or a "Hello". I have my ideas on who extended the feud, but that is for another time. 

Yesterday, received a text from #1 daughter. She wants to have a "Soup Sunday". Durning the winter months, on the first Sunday of the month, a get together at her home for a mug or a bowl of homemade soup. (She is a gifted cook.) I think it is her way of a peace offering to her sister, and a time to break bead, and work out the future. Anyway, I love the idea, and responded with a "We'll be there.". 

Sunday

Sweetie is being very resentful about getting up. She doesn't want to move, and the more I try, the harder she resists. As on now, it is more to get her out of the wet bed and into some clean clothes. 

With the bed being as wet as it is, it tells me that I'm getting enough liquids into her. It is when the bed is dry, and her pad is dry, then I know I need to pump water into her. 

Being that it is Sunday, which means shower day. Lately, she had been less inclined to help when it comes to me getting her to do what is needed to keep her clean. So, with a clam voice, and gentle urging, we get into the shower. She is doing her best to stay calm, for I think she knows what I'm doing, but she doesn't like it. I don't know how much longer we will be showering together, for she isn't willing at all to get wet. 

I'm thinking that I may shuffle the routine a bit. Maybe shower after breakfast, after her CBD has kicked in. Will keep that in mind for next week. 

Being that it is Sunday, and with really nothing planned. I make a shopping list, and get Sweetie ready to go with me, we head for Walmart. 

There isn't that much to get, along with a few extras, we are done, and head home. 

Home, put away the groceries, Sweetie is getting anxious because I'm not holding her hand, this is her way of depending on me, and at the same time, feeling safe.  

Upon completion of the forementioned task, I pop a bag of popcorn, grab a root beer from the fridge, and we sit. This is the part of the day that Dementia can't take away. We are as normal as we will ever be. Just an old couple, watching movies, munching popcorn and saying nothing to each other. Love is raining down on us. 

I can tell that Driver is enjoying this day on the Road to Dementia Town. His shoulders are lower, and isn't studying the road for hazards. Of course, that makes is so easy to Keep Our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv Ya, and God Bless.   Arthur. 

   

1 comment:

Mitzy said...

Glad the family is healing

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...