Sunday, November 28, 2021

Defiantly won't hurt.

Christmas Tree is up.


Put the tree up yesterday. Also put up our inflatable Nativity Scene, and light projectors. I wasn't in the most festive moods, so I did the minimum decorating. 

Sweetie wasn't able to understand what I was doing, and that didn't help with my joy of putting Christmas in the house. Plus, the fact that my legs are still bothering me, and I don't have the mobility I used to have. It is also the idea that after Christmas, I get to put all this stuff away. 

I remember the joy we had getting Christmas out. Opening all the boxes, getting her Santas out, decorating the tree, on the bulbs and lights. Whether we had all white or color lights, where to put the tree, and all the fun that went into decorating the house. 

It is hard for me, to see her not pay any attention to what is happening, and that only adds to my depression this year. We will soon begin watching Christmas movies, for there are enough of them on all the streaming stations. I will do my best to help her have a good Christmas this year. 

Saturday

It is my early caregiver day. She comes around 9 in the morning. It gives me more time away from the house, and I haven't gotten Sweetie up. 

I'm busy with Sweetie when the caregiver is at the front door. My attitude was to have Sweetie all cleaned and fed by the time they showed up. Now, I get done what I can and leave her with them. Slowly oh so slowly, I'm turning the care of Sweetie over to them. 

Watching her pour a bowl of cereal and put bananas on it, I shudder. For it isn't the amount I give her, but it works for her, so I leave it alone. 

I used to be a controller and a perfectionist, which means that my way is the only right way to do something. Now, if it gets Sweetie to do something, and it isn't the way I'd do it, that is OK too. 

It is a beautiful day on the links today. I'm able to work on my game as I play. Most of the work is on the putting greens. When I missed a putt, I'd do it over and over until I was able to sink the ball into the hole on one stroke. 

The highlight of the round, was to par the 6th hole. It is rated #1 hardest on the course. Came it in a blade of grass to birding the hole. Settled for a par. For me, I'll hang my hate on that one. 

When I got done, headed for the car thinking that it was time to relive my caretaker. It isn't, for my time piece is still set on daylight savings time. I found out I had more time. Tweety needs a bath, so I went looking for a non-brush car wash. 

Do you know how difficult it is to find one? There are self-serve carwashes, but all commercial carwashes use brushes and Chevrolet doesn't recommend them, can harm the paint. That means, for the next wash, I'm doing it at home, on the driveway. 

Home, and Sweetie and the sitter are watching TV, and all seems well. 

After she leaves, it is time for me to get up into the attic and get the decorations down. It took about 2 hours to get it all set up, and, in my opinion, it is Christmas in our house. 

Sweetie had gone to her nest for a nap and I finished the tree, and outside. When she got up, I was able to talk her into an outing in Tweety. 

We took a long way around, to the mall for our walk about. Then to Costco to fill up the tank. We were out for about 2 hours, and when we came back, the lights were on and The Nativity Scene was up. It is still too early to see the projectors lights. I'll come out later and make any adjustment necessary for the projectors. 

For dinner, we are having oatmeal. Sweetie hasn't been active for a couple of days and this is my answer to help her along. We just might go on an oatmeal diet for a couple of days to see if it will help. Defiantly won't hurt. 

I'm sleeping on the couch, and it is time for us to head for bed. With Sweetie moving next to me, we lay down and let the end of the day come. 

Wasn't too hard for the driving today. Driver had an easy time of it. These are the days when the Road to Dementia Town seem lite and easy. Lite traffic, just staying in our lane and going down the road with Our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv Ya, and God Bless.   Arthur.         
 

No comments:

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...