Friday, November 19, 2021

Life in that up and down mode.

Sailor, mom and grandma.


With the holidays coming, thought this was appropriate. Number 1 grandson is still in the Navy, and I hope that he is going to make a career out of it. 

He has been on sea duty from the time he graduated from bootcamp and is now going on to be an instructor as a shore duty station. As of now, he is just letting the Navy control his life. Which is good in many ways, because he doesn't know what he really wants to do. 

At least the Navy will keep him busy until he finds his own way. 

Isn't it silly of me to think that I know what is best for someone else then myself? It is just I see so much of me in him. He doesn't see that, so he can't hear what I say to him. For now, I just keep my mouth shut. Lead by example. 

Caring for Sweetie has rearranged my priorities. What a life lessons I learn daily. How to know when to push a point, and when not to. To know that everything isn't life changing, or life lifting. It is all just life and we live it the best we can. 

Thursday

I'm kicking myself in the butt again. Today is our bible study morning. I told myself to get Sweetie up 30 minutes early, so we don't have to rush to get there on time. 

I've lost all discipline to stop what I'm doing and start doing what needs to be done. As I did this morning. It was 9 when I got her up. That means we only have 45 minutes to get up, showered, dressed and fed. 

Very thankful that Sweetie is still in her good mood. Her cooperation is wonderful. So, with that in hand, we get all our needs fulfilled and head out the door. 

The garage door is acting up again. Don't have time to miss with it, so, it can wait. Still have other ways to open the door, so we are not locked out. 

To the church we go. To my surprise, we are not late. As a matter of fact, we are 10 minutes early. Which gives me time to grab a cup of coffee, sit down, and relax. 

Ask about next Thursday, for it is Thanksgiving, and will we be meeting? The answer is no, there will not be a meeting.

Study over, head for the golf course. I brought Sweetie's new jacket for her to put one. I knew it would be warm at church, and I didn't want her to overheat and then not want the jacket later. The plan worked without a hitch.

The course was empty and that was a shame. For it is a beautiful day. A little on the cool side which makes it great weather to be alive and playing. 

Started off by parring the first 4 holes, Then bogeys on the next 3, and finished with a par and bogey on the last two. My short game was on, and if my putting was as good, I may have shot even par for the round. Missed putts "by just that much.", as Maxwell Smart would say.

The problem with such a good round, is that I will want to duplicate it today, and that is the frustrating part of golf. What works yesterday, may not work today, and so it goes. Life in that up and down mode.

When we head home, I now have the time to see what I can do about the garage door. Knowing that everything works when close to the device, it is the distance that seems to be the problem. Try reprograming the cars, the pad, the opener itself all for not. 

Looking on the internet, the solutions are everything I did accept one. Extend the antenna. Seems simple enough. Buy some antenna wire, say 6ft of it, splice into the existing wire and spread it towards the street. So, that is my plans for today. 

With the sun setting and a meeting to head off to, time to get dinner. Sweetie has been a trooper all day. She is tired so she heads to her nest. Which is nice for me, then I can cook dinner and then go and get her. 

After dinner, we head to the meeting. There are only 2 other people joining us. Both are good friends and we have a good meeting, just what the doctor ordered. 

Upon getting home, I wait till we are very close to the garage before I push the button. It worked! In we go, and then into the house. 

Sweetie has been forgetting which way to go. I'll catch her at the rear of the car not knowing where to go. It is here that I'm glad I close the garage door before she gets out. Otherwise, I would be chasing her down the street. 

She seems to be wanting to wander more and more these days. Even in the meeting, if I wasn't paying attention, she will get up and head for the door. It is getting scary when she does that. 

We get home, get her ready for bed, and there we are. In bed, and she says her prayers that only God knows what she is praying. For He understands Dementiaies. As I lay there, feeling her legs against mine, sleep overtakes me and that is how we end this day. 

This day, a day of little weaving in and out of traffic on the Road to Dementia Town, Driver uses His skill to get us to the end of the day safely. To the point that we enjoyed Keeping Our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv Ya, and God Bless.  Arthur.   

 
 

No comments:

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...