Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Lucky isn't my first or second name.

Sweetie's Tree.


This picture of the tree is many years ago. It is much bigger now, yet at this time of year, it's size only magnifies the change it is going through this time of year. 

This tree will be a reminder, a tribute to Sweetie. She has changed me so. I will never be able to look at it and not remember her. 

It isn't even the coldest part of the year, for winter is still some time away, and I yearn for spring. 

As the change in the seasons drains the color from everything, life itself seems colorless. Sweetie never liked the winter, for it is baren and cold. It is only when the snow comes and covers the nakedness of winter, is there beauty in the land. 

As with the change of the seasons, so I, too, change into one more day lived and gone. What did I see? What did I do to gain a new look on life? Will tomorrow be a joy or sorrow? It is up to how I will look at it. Seeking only to find the Easter Eggs hidden there. 

Monday

Seeing that Sweetie is awake and there isn't any real reason not to get her up, into the room we go. 

Trying to talk to her before taking the covers from her and getting her up helps her get out of bed easier. This morning she seems persistent in not giving up her covers. 

As I get them off, I see why. She has pulled her pullup down. This time, instead of putting them back on and walking her to the bathroom, I take them off. They were going to be removed anyway, so why not now. 

Like every morning, once I get her out of bed, hold her until she gains her balance, we head out of the room. 

This morning, her hemorrhoid isn't getting any smaller. It is getting softer, but isn't shrinking like I think it should. Checking the expiration date, it is 6 years past it. Something else goes on the shopping list. As of now, it is better than nothing, so until we go shopping, will continue to use it.

Before I went to get Sweetie up, cooked up some oatmeal. Good old oatmeal, the breakfast of my younger days. This way, when we came out to eat, it was ready to serve. 

It was a treat for a change. I like to serve it with butter and brown sugar. 

Sweetie started eating it eagerly, and seemed to be enjoying it. She is also enjoying the coffee that I have waiting for her. Serve the coffee with Sweet Italian Cream in it, again, she likes it. 

Breakfast done, off to the course we go. It is cool these days, and with a long sleeve shirt, a sweat shirt, and jacket, Sweetie is dressed for the day. She has a runny nose, so I'm now taking extra Kleenex with us to, well you know. 

My golf partner called to let me know his son and grandson will be joining us this morning. So, in our foursome we'll have 3 generations of golfers. Neat.

Had a so-so day on the course. Ran a string of 4 pars in a row, that was good for me. Still no confidence in my putting and if I could get it, I'd be stringing more pars together. Oh well, that's golf for you. 

Today is the day to replace the headlight on our little Captiva. Watching the video, it was only 11 minutes long. I told myself, that it would take me an hour, if I was lucky. Well, let me put it this way, Lucky isn't my first or second name. Even had to make a second trip to the parts store.

It turns out I didn't need to make the trip; it was simply that there are two bulbs and I took out the wrong one. 

The trip wasn't without its high point. Ran into an old workmate that I haven't seen in years. He had lost so much weight, that I didn't recognize him. 

He had heard about my Corvette, and as it was, I had drove to the parts store. Showed it to him, did some catch up time, and headed home to finish the light installation. 

Done, and it works. That is good enough for me. So, next time the other light goes out, I'll know what to do, for I am now a trained light replacement expert. 

The day ended with TV, dinner, and a meeting. It was a good day. 

Driver was on His toes today. Keeping us on the straight path today. I didn't have any temper tantrums when the rough parts of the pavement came about as we traveled down the Road to Dementia Town.  Keeping in mind that I'm not in charge, we were able to Keep Our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv Ya, and God Bless.   Arthur.  

       

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...