Monday, November 22, 2021

Yep, and yep and off we go.

Me and grandma.


As we edge closer and closer to that big turkey day, we also edge closer to Christmas. This is a reminder that I need to start taking some more photographs of Sweetie. 

The leaves on the trees have turned to rust and are now being scattered all about. Walking outside you can see how they are now decorating the street and yards in the neighborhood. I'm still waiting for the tree in the backyard to lose its leaves, then I'll get the leaf muncher out and clean them up. Until then, I will watch how God will decorate the yard. 

Sunday

Because of Sweetie's not sleeping last night, I'm letting her sleep in. She isn't moving, so to me, it means that she needs the sleep. 

It is 11 and time for me to get her up. If I don't, she won't be able to sleep tonight. In I go, and she isn't as hard to wake as I thought she'd be. 

Up, washed, dressed and out for breakfast. Or should I say brunch? It is more breakfast than anything else. It is my potato, spam, egg and cheese morning. 

The only thing on the calendar is our walk about at the mall, so off we go. 

Because it is the start of the Christmas season, there are more people in the mall, along with the arts and craft people selling their wares. It is good to see all the people out. 

Stop at the popcorn stand and talked with the lady. Sweetie is eager to talk to her. This is the first time that she has acted this way. The lady is so sweet to her, holding her hand, and listening to her babble, trying to have a conversation with her. It touches my heart so. I told her that she must feel very comfortable around her, otherwise she wouldn't say a thing. 

When we finish and head for home, I remember that I have a headlight out, and head for the auto parts store. Purchase the light, go home to get on YouTube to see what awaits me. 

I've got all that I need except a #10 socket. So, using this as a reason, I call my son, who I know has the tools I can borrow. 

Yep, and yep and off we go. We get Tweety out for this trip across town. No sooner do we get there, that we have to leave, a very short visit, but I have what we came for. 

Because I'm in no big hurry to get the job done, I postpone the repair until tomorrow, after golf and our walk about. 

Sunday is our pasta night, used small shells this time. Same sauce, used the last of the sausage, have to put it on my list for next time shopping. 

Sweetie and me have a good evening, dinner, dessert, and a movie. Punch Line, with Sally Fields and Tom Hanks. Wasn't as funny or good as I was expecting. Anyway, it got us through the evenings. 

Bedtime, prayer time, and to sleep we go. 

Driver was more than happy to get a late start. He knew that we needed the extra relaxation time. Once on the Road to Dementia Town, He kept us entertained. His driving is superb, as you would expect. We had a few extra stops today, which was a nice break for us. Today it was easy to Keep Our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv Ya, and God Bless.   Arthur.     
 

No comments:

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...