Sunday, November 21, 2021

Blessed Sleep.

Tickets to the Lion King.


Found this, and thought I'd use it to start my story today. We didn't go to too many live theater productions, for, at that time, our budget wouldn't allow us that luxury. Shortly after my retirement, our cash flow improved. With that improvement, along came the ability to do these things. 

When I heard that The Lion King was coming to town, I got tickets for us to see it. Sweetie loved the movie, so why not see a live performance? At this time, she was still able to express herself, and let me know, how she felt. 

It is all just a memory now, a very nice memory at that. She talked about it for days, and told everyone she knew what a great time we had. 

As I talked about the death of one of our support group's wives, it is a constant reminder of what is still awaiting us in the future. We still have many days left, and with those days, my joy will be making more memories for me.

Saturday

It is my day off. The caregiver is coming and instead of getting Sweetie up, like I normally do, letting her sleep. After all, isn't that why I hired her in the first place? To give me a break of caring for her myself? 

When my caregiver arrives, she has brought her twin daughters with her. It makes me happy that we are becoming a family, don't tell her that. 

I let her know, that Sweetie is still asleep, and I was letting her sleep in. Before I leave, we go in and wake her up, letting her know I'll be out for some time, but her friend is here to keep her company. 

Clubs in the Corvette, and off I go. You know, it is such a difference in my attitude on the course. Before, I would be happy to score bogey golf, now, if I don't shoot under bogey, I'm disappointed. To have more good shots then bad, is an expectation. There are days when my mental expectation just over run my physical ability. But, then again, that is golf. 

When I get home, I'm greeted with a good/bad report about Sweetie. She had a large BM while she was in bed and another sitting on the potty. And like a child, she had it all over her, to the point her caregiver had to give her a shower from top to bottom. 

I was so happy to hear about her movements, and then how she ate after the cleanup. She was in good spirits when I got home. As you would expect after she was able to relieve herself. 

I was thinking about what may have caused her to have these cleansing movements. When I remembered that one of my followers mentioned different types of foods to help her go. Last night we had fried hot dogs and beans. A lot of beans. I'll keep that in mind if she seems to be getting bound up again. 

One other thing, when in the bathroom with her caregiver, she put her shoes in the toilet before the caregiver could stop her. Anyway, she washed the shoes, and let them air dry. Which meant that we ended up stay home for the rest of the day. 

Everything seemed fine, watching Pirates of the Caribbean, while we waited for the night to pass. 

When we went to bed, she seemed irritable, and restless. After 2 hours of her squirming, I thought I'd better get her in the shower and clean her up, for she must be uncomfortable after the earlier movement. With her resisting me, I was able to get her up and cleaned up. Putting A&D on her bottom, clean underwear, and back to bed she went, and quickly went to sleep. Blessed Sleep.  

You never know where you'll end up at the end of the day when you're on the Road to Dementia Town. When you start your day's journey, it seems so light and gay, and as the day goes on, there are troubles along the way. Seeing trouble, Driver steers around them, knows the detours, and takes caution to be safe. So it goes, each day from sun rise to sun set, Driver behind the wheel, we travel. Keeping our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv Ya, and God Bless.   Arthur. 

No comments:

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...