Thursday, May 27, 2021

Love well lived

She captured my heart.


This picture was taken while we were on a 3 day cruse, back around '86-87. What memories they kindle. I look at her, and wonder how she could of loved me. What a beauty she was, a prize to win, and a joy to be with. 

We have had our love tested many times since then. If this was a heavy weight match, I'd say our love is still strong and going the distance. Even when the match is over, love will still be there. Holding the towel, comforting the loss, and making strong the memories of a love well lived. 

I have heard over the years that love is an action word, and much much more. Love comforts, love understands, love cares. Love takes my hand and says its going to be all right. 

Wednesday

She was up before I was ready to have her up. I realize now, that if I take care of her needs, I can get her back to bed and she will sleep until I get her up. 

We're back to small poops almost daily. Every time I check her, she has a small amount on her panty liner, so I know she is eliminating something. I've gone back to prune juice for breakfast, and cranberry juice with lunch. My goal is to keep her body functioning well. 

My golf partner couldn't make it, so we went out as a single. Met another single and joined up with him. A pastor, and ready to retire. He seemed to be looking for someone to play with on a regular bases. I think we are going to be a threesome soon. Made it to 3 days in a row for par. 

While we were playing golf, Sweetie began to loose energy, and for the last 4 holes, stayed in the cart. I think of the progression of her energy levels. When we started, we would walk the course, then riding with her coming with me to the tees and greens every chance she could, and now, with her losing energy, needing to stay in the cart. I'm just enjoying the time we have together, no matter what. 

For everyday, Driver has hidden Easter Eggs for us to discover. It could be as simple as Sweetie saying something that makes sense, to sitting in the backyard watching the birds. The one things that remains is love. He knows that, and will hum love songs for us, as we travel down the Road to Dementia Town, Keeping our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv ya, and God Bless.  

No comments:

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...