Saturday, June 19, 2021

Slowly the changes come.

Just a month ago.


Love this picture, Sweetie at the zoo, the flamingos in the background, and the smile. I don't as many as I'd like.

The things I've learned over the past year. One, be insistent in my caring for her. Even when she doesn't want to do what is, in my eyes, necessary, keep calm and get it done. A soft voice, and words that reassure her that it is Ok for what I do with her. Let her do what she wants to do, as long as it doesn't cause her harm. 

I find that when she is up in the morning, and as I get breakfast, she will watch whatever is on the TV. Which gives me the time to make our breakfast. After breakfast, I've learned to just let her seat and she will finish her meal without me prompting her to eat. 

Eating, that is also becoming a challenge. Breakfast is the biggest meal of the day for her. Dinner seems to have the least interest for her. I believe it is because of the body metabolism is so slow, that she hasn't digested her breakfast and lunch, so she isn't hungry at dinner time. 

So, what should I do? I am going to try for a smaller meal at the end of the day. See how that works. 

Friday 

It was an uneventful raising for the day. We did have some difficulties in the morning washing. She was extra sensitive for some reason. So I let the water flow over her tummy to let her get used to it. That often helps with the washing. I know she is very sensitive all over. It is hard for me not to wash and dry her without hearing her say "ouch" with even the slightest touch on her skin. 

After the washing, we got dressed. I put on her new purple shirt. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of her in it, next time. Purple looks good on her. 

Does anyone remember the purple and red lady poem? It was popular awhile back, maybe 10 years or so. While we were out visiting my daughters in California, we had to wait to be seated at a restaurant because a group of senor citizen women, wearing purple and red, were having a wonderful gathering. 

Sweetie is of that vintage, so I unconsciously have been dressing her in purple and red. So she won't miss out on that simple lifestyle. 

She didn't go with me to play golf, she was napping, so I let her go. The Nanny Cams help me while I'm out. Especially with her cat lifestyle, I know she will be safe while I'm gone. While I'm watching her with the Nanny Cams, I know where and what she is doing. Either TV or in bed, just like a cat. 

When I got home, and found her still asleep, I waited for her to get up. I was brave enough to take her out to do our walk about. She is still strong enough to do one of the two things we were doing just 5 days ago. 

Slowly, the changes come. I've asked our Driver if this is normal. One day at a time is what is needed. Everyday, just do one day at a time. For as each day passes, be happy, and seek the Easter Eggs that come with it. So the highs are high enough to know they are there, and the lows don't get over your head. Keep going forward as we travel the Road to Dementia Town, Keeping our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv Ya, and God Bless.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe this is the poem you refer to.
https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/warning/

Artemus Macneil said...

Thank you for the link, for it is exactly the poem I was referring to.

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...