Saturday, June 5, 2021

Rendezvous.

At the #1 tee.


I think this is going to be fun and challenging at the same time. To take a picture a day, to find different places to take them, to be in different locations, all that stuff, and to watch Sweetie as we are doing all of the above, slowly fading away. 

I know from life, that it will not be noticed on a daily bases, it will happen one day I'll noticed something and ask myself, "When did that happen?". Then I'll back track to a better day, and there, at that point, I'll see a healthier picture of Sweetie and be amazed at how far she has progressed down in her disease.  

Friday 

It was another wet morning. Not as bad as some have been. So, up, strip, and into the shower she went. Forgive me for saying this, but I do enjoy the little intimacy I have when I wash her. There are fleeting memories of when we were younger and loving each other happened suddenly and often. The togetherness of a shower didn't mean washing and cleaning, it was a rendezvous for some loving. 

Her skin is becoming so sensitive, it is hard not to hear her complain that it hurts when I touch her. That makes it difficult to wash and dry her, but we do the best we can. I'm always talking to her telling her that I don't mean to hurt her, and we do get the job done. 

After the last time I washed her hair and she had one of her spells, I became worried about it happening again. I bought a shower chair and it came on Friday. Put it together and waiting to see how she accepts it next time I wash her hair. In the long run, I know it is the right thing to do. 

Still having a "Golf" hangover. Continued my streak of pars, now 9 days in a row. I'm not making the consistent shots like I did the other day but they are starting to return. Had a great chip shot on the 9th hole. Pulled my drive and was about 50 yards off the green. Blind to the pin, hit the ball, and it stopped about 4 feet from the hole. Missed the par, but was happy with the overall play. 

Because we have a late breakfast, tried missing lunch, to see if she would eat a better dinner. Nope, the same reaction as before. She starts, and then the wondering back and forth starts. After about 3 or 4 attempts, I clear my place and see if she will eat some more. I give her as much time as she needs to finish her meal. By the way, I've also returned to the red plates, no change in her eating habits. 

I've gone to having some cholate chip cookies for a desert. I feed them to her, one bite at a time. I think this is a pre curser to feeding her at meal time. Just wait and see where it leads us. 

Sometimes, I don't think we are being lead, we just come along. For in the car on the Road to Dementia Town, we go where our Driver takes us. Not to worry, for we are Keeping our Shiny Side Up. C'ya, Luv ya, and God Bless. 

No comments:

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...