Friday, June 4, 2021

Sometimes the Dragon wins.

Thursday 6/2/'21


At the end of the round, I took this picture. I've decided to start taking more pictures of her.  Over this time that I've been telling our story, I've used up just about all of the "good" pictures of us from the past. Need felt that I needed to get some of the "now" pictures in play. 

It is OK to look into the past for those old memories. Now is the time for me to remember us. Here in the now, in what joy is still left. Her smile, her eyes, her beauty. 

Its one thing to remember the beach, the ball games, the BBQs. As I've looked over some old pictures, I realize that the most of the pictures I have of her, are at Christmas time. 

As the end comes closer day by day, my challenge is to take at least one picture of her or us a day. Just to keep things current. 

Thursday

As we sail around in this time of smooth, safe harbor days. It is hard to find something new to say. 

She is still having wet mornings, and then I found the curtains open when I went to get her up. That little rascal had gotten up and opened the blinds and went back to bed. I've said this before, that Dementia doesn't mean stupid.

When we leave the house and head for a known destination, she will ask if we turn this way or that. She still sees the traffic signal change before can I accelerate into the intersection, and make a motion that means, get going. She is still in there. 

Make it short and not so sweet. It seems like I had a "Golf" hangover yesterday. I went to the course with the full expecting of following yesterdays performance with something as spectacular. Well, let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. Did get my par streak extended another day, but that was about it. Golf, like life, is a up and down proposition. Or like the old Almond Joy commercial, "Some times you feel like a nut, some times you don't." Or, like Sweetie used to say, "Sometimes the Dragon wins." Yesterday, the Golf Dragon feasted on my game. 

It isn't about winning or loosing, it is about love, and how it is shown. Driver has a way of reminding me of that. Without the lows, how can you know your on a high? That is the way the Road to Dementia Town goes. Never know what or where the road will lead to, just as long as we are in the car, Driver is behind the wheel and we are Keeping Our Shiny Side Up, we will keep pressing forward this day. C'ya, Luv Ya, and God Bless.   

No comments:

A fitting farewell.

When we were young. I've been rummaging around and found this picture of Sweetie and me. We had been married for about a year when this...